12 June 2012

Let's Do The Time Warp Again

So I've been measuring the time it takes to create a bunch of Characters.
At first I was a bit perplexed.
I knew the char-gen process was damn easy and quick, with no number crunching, no complex tasks, no browsing through endless lists of stuff.
And yet every time I created PCs with other people it took about 1h to complete the process.


But after some time I noticed that that amount of time (1h) was constant.
It didn't matter that I was playing with just one other person or a group of five; char-gen always took about 1h.
Strange!


Then it dawned on me.
I had always playtested with NEW people at the table.
The char-gen process IS much faster than 1h ... but THAT is the time it takes me to explain the basic functioning of the game to a degree which allows n00bs to make the choices required to build their character AND subsequently build it.

I'm now curious to test the game with a group of players already acquainted with its mechanics, in order to see how much time it takes to build a full team of characters without the need for introductiry explanations.

No comments: